PAYROLL ESSENTIALS FOR ACCOUNTING AND HR PROFESSIONALS
4 PART WEBINAR SERIES
WHEN: January 26, February 2, February 9 and February 16
11:00 am to 1:00 p.m.
Offered in cooperation with the Canadian Payroll Association.
We are pleased to offer this 4 part webinar series in cooperation with the Canadian Payroll Association. Each session will be 2 hrs in length (11:00 a.m. to 1:00 pm. ) and materials will be provided to the individual who is registered for the session.
Registration Fee is - $350.00 + tax
ASBOA members login to receive member rates of $300.00 + tx
Please note: The course materials are copyrighted by the CPA and are for the express use of the individual that has registered for the webinar series.
This webinar series is designed for those individuals who work in the accounting and human resource areas and who have a functional responsibility to oversee the payroll function but are not actually processing a payroll. It provides an introduction and overview perspective of the payroll function. Participants will learn about processing and reporting requirements, and payroll practitioners' responsibilities with regard to government statutory withholding and remittance.
PRESENTERS – Canadian Payroll Association
The curriculum covers:
Processing a payroll
- Reviews the information necessary for payroll, including determining the employee-employer relationship, calculating/producing a pay, withholding statutory deductions, and correcting a payroll error.
- Provides an overview of the legal requirements for Employment/Labour Standards and how they relate to payroll.
- Discusses government remittances, including those made the Canada Revenue Agency, and provincial ministries and bodies. Also touches on the Record of Employment (ROE), workers' compensation and other required reporting.
- Covers how to treat various earnings such as bonuses, vacation pay, commissions and more.
Overview of common taxable benefits and other allowances
- Discusses items such as tuition, parking, professional fees, car, meals, gifts and awards, and more.
Termination of employment
- Examines the termination requirements as they relate to payroll, including notice, ROE, group termination, salary continuance and retiring allowances.
To receive continuing education credits for this program, you must be the individual named on the registration.
For Certified members of the Canadian Payroll Association, this webinar series will count toward 7.5 hrs of continuing professional education.
For ASBOA Regular members, this webinar series will count toward 7.5 hrs of credit towards the CSBO designation – School Administration requirements.
Area of Practice – Human Resource Management
Function – Personnel, Payroll and Benefits Administration
ASBOA Practice Standards covered:
- Manages personnel administration by maintaining systems, forms, and processes, in order to follow current laws and regulations, to prepare timely provincials and federal reporting, and to keep sensitive information secure and confidential.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive payroll system which appropriately provides accurate and timely compensation and benefit payments in compliance with legislative requirements